Saturday, July 16, 2005

Trial Run

Welcome to our page! This is my first time to ever blog -- if you're even reading this at all, then I'm sure you already know that I'm not very technologically inclined, and you're getting a kick out of the fact that I'm even motivated to do such a thing as "blog!" Nonetheless, this is my first time, so go easy on me....I'm definately still learning. But I got inspired from some friends of ours at church who just had twin girls. They, through the wonderful worldwide web were able to post pictures of their brandnew babygirls for all of their family and friends to see. And, since so many of you live so far away from us, I thought that this would be a great way for all of us to stay in touch, especially with the babies coming in just a few short months. So, we'll try it out. And if no one other than my mama reads this thing, then no harm, no foul since I talk to her about every day anyways!

Michael is traveling on business right now, so Reagan and I invited Katharine to come stay with us for a few days. I have to say that though I miss my hubby like crazy, it was SO great to be with her and have a girls' weekend!! She is just one of my most special friends, and one of my biggest blessings. She and Britt and I ate at all our favorite places and have mostly just talked and laughed. We did a little shopping for the bedding for the boys' cribs. But we found nothing, and I left feeling very frusterated. So we treated the pregnant girl to a Sonic slush! Yum!! It's just been good to be with good friends, and today I find myself very, very thankful for them.

Well, we'll see how this whole blog things turns out. Right now, it is just in it's trial run stage to see what we think. But I hope that it turns into a cool way for us to all keep in touch. See you soon, Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new spot. And I am happy to be your very first comment! :-) I tried a food network recipe today, and although my idols are Paula and Giada, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had to begin with Semi-homeade with Sandra Dee or Lee or whatever. It turned out--well--as expected. Not quite as pretty, but good enough to lick the bowl. This spot is going to be great! Love ya! K

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have ever guessed that you were not technologically inclined because I didn't even know what a "blog" was until Katharine told me about it! I'm glad you and the girls had fun. Katharine was so excited to get to go see you. I want to see you before those boys get here so I can see how pregnancy is treating you! From what I hear you look great! Well I've got to go, so best of luck with the blog! Bye
--Caroline[Snell]:) just in case!

Anonymous said...

Come on, lazy Heather. Write an entry. :-) You know I love ya. Guess what blog I am going to read next? --Katharine