Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

Who knew that getting ready to be the mommy of two boys could make for such a busy life??? Well, even if it isn't all that busy, that's the excuse I'm currently leaning on for not keeping this little site up to date very often. But I do promise to do better once I'm home for good. Which, incidentally, may not be too long from now.

We went to see the doctor yesterday, and the boys have grown by a full pound a piece. One of them is 3.1 lbs, and the other is a whopping 3.5 lbs. That makes for a very large and very uncomfortable me. But we're hanging in there just fine. We saw them on the ultrasound, and they both have a full head of hair! Still not sure what color that hair will be, but I'm placing my bets on brown. We'll see. On a different note, the doctor's only observation is that my frame isn't really big enough for both of these boys, and she has therefore cut my work hours back even more. Now I'm down to working no more than 4 hours in a day. And at one point in my life, that would have been great. But since I love my job, and I dearly love the friends I work with, it is more than just a little bit sad. Very bittersweet. But necessary if I want to get my sweet baby boys here healthy.....and I do!

We had our Otter Creek shower this weekend, and I have to tell you that I was truly touched by the outpouring of love that was shown to us. We are so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family of God. Honestly, I was moved to tears more than once during the course of the afternoon, and I feel like I have so many wonderful friends to be thankful for. Holly, you just don't know how much I appreciate you!!! That kind of generosity and kindness inspires me to be a better servant and giver, and I can't help but think that this is one of the reasons that we have 'community.'

We did take a few pictures at the shower that I'd love to post on here for my big audience of 3 readers to see. But, unfortunately, I am very technologically dumb. So I'll have to wait until Michael gets back home to have him load the pictures from the camera to the computer. (Seriously, could I be any more helpless???)

The babies have worn me out, and my ankles are more than swollen. So I am off to bed to hopefully make these contractions subside. Thanks for checking in again...and in the meantime, I'll try to do a better job at keeping this thing a little more up to date!

No comments: