Monday, October 10, 2005

What a Weekend!!!

This weekend came and went in one big blur! But it was such a wonderful weekend on so many levels! Mama and Daddy were here for the Zoe Conference, so it was great to see them...it always is. And they'll be back up here in just a couple of weeks when the boys finally get here. Can you tell that the anticipation is killing me??? And on top of that, Katharine came to stay with me for a night too! Man, I really really miss having her here.

But the real highlight of the weekend was that I finally had my shower from the girls at work and it was just the most fun I've had since I've been on bedrest. I miss my friends so so so much, and though I try to tell them, I'm sure that they don't know how much they all mean to me. I get weepy and teary eyed everytime I think about each of them, and not being there...and I don't think that it's just my out-of-control hormones. It's true emotion stemmed straight from all of the ways that they've each touched my heart. No work place is perfect, each has it's own fair share of faults. But Dr. Hunter's office really is a special place full of special people and I find myself feeling very fortunate to have been a part of it for the last year and a half. The only real consolation is that I really believe that we'll stay pretty close. The day was lovely, and as soon as Shelley (she and Diane are the work event photographers) emails me the pictures, I'll post them on this site for you all to see. The girls really went to so much trouble for me, and Michael and I were just so touched by such love and generosity!

I will admit though, that my body is very worn out after all that busy-ness this weekend. And since Michael is in New York for the day, I'm doing my best to not do anything at all. I'll post more tomorrow after we go to the Dr's office...it should be a good one!