Monday, January 15, 2007

An Apple A Day...

During lunch today, Ben kept going to the countertop, and doing the signs for "ball" and "please" over and over and over, all while making a whiny-grunting sound. Bless his heart, he sounded like it was so urgent, but then again, everything is urgent to a toddler, so I went about what I was doing. I just kept telling him that there wasn't a ball in the kitchen, but if he wanted his ball, he could get it out of the toybox. But the child is persistent, and he kept on. Finally, smart Aunt Britt picked him up and asked if he wanted the apple? They've never eaten an apple without it being cut up into bitesize pieces, so it never occurred to me that he might want to eat it like a big boy. Needless to say, he was all smiles for the next twenty minutes, happy to be eating his "ball" that he had asked for so politely!

7 comments:

Lincoln said...

Serioulsy...too cute! I hope he doesn't try to eat his toys, it could lead to an expensive meal! We have to get together soon! Love you and miss you! Trish and Linc

maggie and michael said...

That is just too cute! i miss you guys!

Christy said...

Those aunts can be pretty smart...the one we have is tons of help and can fiqure stuff out when we can't:) I'm glad the boys enjoyed their "ball".

Lerra said...

What big boys! I still have to cut up my apples. :-)

Blessed said...

Too cute, Heather!

I can't believe how big they are!

Blessed said...

Too cute, Heather!

I can't believe how big they are!

Abigail and Ansley said...

How precious! Definitely a baby book memory!