Monday, June 16, 2008

Booty-licious and Lots of Other Fun Stuff




At the risk of embarrassing my precious boys when they are much older, these pictures are part of the reason I have had even less time to blog as of late: potty training. And any mama who's ventured down this road will tell you (as they've all told me) that it's more about training ME than THEM. This has definitely proven true in our house, and we're going with the more laid back approach, not rushing it and just working on it when we're home and don't have much to do.
So far, it's been going pretty well...knock on wood. I'm slathering them up with the SPF 55 and letting them play outside with the occasional interruption for a potty break. The only down side will be weaning them off the coveted "pee pee tweat" (one small smartee for getting it in the potty without having wet big boy pants). But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We're taking baby steps here, and so far it's working for us.
The only real problem we've had has been finding days that we are actually home. Those are few and far between so far this summer. Not that we're complaining at all, mind you! We've had such a good time lately catching up with family, hanging out with friends at the pool, and even having some family down to visit us too.
More pictures to come of our time with MawMaw and PawPaw soon. Thanks for checking on us...

4 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were! glad the potty training is going alright? I am about to begin. I've waited long enough. This is too much for me to think about! jamin is gone this week, so I will start next, since there is just too much to think about when I'm on my own...excuses excuses, i know. ;)

Blessed said...

Adorable pics, Heather. I miss you. We need to catch up soon, OK? :)

P said...

Drew looks like a little underwear model...how cute! hope you guys are doing great

Lerra said...

These pics should definitely be used in wedding slide shows when they're older!! Good luck with the potty training...I hear it can be loads of fun. :-)