Sunday, October 05, 2008

Happy 65th Wedding Anniversary


A couple of weekends ago, we loaded up the car and headed to Montgomery to celebrate 65 years of marriage between my Nana and Papa. Anytime our family gets the chance to be all together, we can't help but have a blast, and this time was no different. We were able to have a special dinner for them, honoring them for such a special milestone, had a small "wedding cake", and we put together a surprise album of pictures, cards and letters from each of us, distant relatives and old friends. It was such a special day and I felt so honored to be a part of it. They have touched so many lives along their journey because they are so generous, caring and giving. The faith that I have now is due in large part to the role that they have played in my life....not because they told me what to do, but because I watched them humbly live out the things Jesus said to do. I know that they have covered me in prayer every day of my life, and even before I was a twinkle in my Daddy's eye. I know they have covered my husband in prayer even before he was born too. And I know that they pray this way not only for every person in our family, but also for the friends in their lives. That knowledge has given me so much peace and confidence. It is just the kind of people they are. Congratulations, Nana and Papa! We are so proud to be a part of this family that you have made.

No comments: