Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Okay, so as I mentioned earlier, I'm just now playing catch-up with our blog. Way down here in the deep South we don't often get snow. So when we even get a light dusting, we feel compelled to shut down everything from grocery stores to schools and have a play day. Pretty good idea, if I do say so myself. Back in January we had a pretty good day of accumulation and the boys and I took full advantage of it. Some really forgetful mommy left the top off the sandbox, which filled up with water. But what does a pool of water do when it gets really cold??? Why, it makes two tiny ice skating rinks of course! ;) Lemons into lemonade here, people. They had as much fun making themselves slide all around as they did throwing snowballs at me and each other. And the snow that the trampoline caught made for some pretty fun bouncing. The boys have each been able to write their names pretty well since a few weeks before they turned 4, so I asked them each to write it in the snow. I love the little bit of "flair" that Ben puts on the top of his lower case 'n'. He consistently does this and I know I should make him write an uppercase 'N' correctly. But truthfully, I like that he puts his own little spin on it for now. He'll have to correct it soon enough in school so the artist in me is embracing it. We had our fill of snow cream, a favorite and a must whenever there is any accumulation at all and had fun snuggling after playing in the cold. These are sweet sweet days, and I am so lucky to be these boys' mama. Little did we know when this snow came that we'd have an even bigger snow in about a month. While Michael and I were skiing in Colorado Mimi got snowed in with the boys under about 6 inches, give or take. I wish I had pictures but we were too busy in our own snow. Glad we got these!!!

No comments: