Monday, February 06, 2006

Brave Little Boys




What a whirlwind the last 9 days have been! I've been trying to post these pictures of the boys' surgery on here for the last 4 or 5 days now, and have been horribly unsuccessful. I think if I could do a little better at posting more often, each page wouldn't take all day long to read. But I digress, and have precious few minutes to write as it is anyways.

So for those of you who live far away, and haven't heard yet, Ben and Drew handled their surgery like little angels -- honestly, they did better with it all than their mama did! From the moment we got to Vanderbilt, they had all of the nurses in their sweet little hands. Just cooing and smiling and being themselves. They were very brave, and the only time they really seemed to be upset about any of it was as they were coming off of the anesthesia. I, on the other hand, was pretty pitful. And, I was thankful that I have two babies so that as they took one away to do the surgery, I had the other one to hold. We stayed one night in the hospital, and went home the next day. Not too shabby, I thought, seeing as how they are only 3 months old.

After that, we found out that Michael's grandma, who had been sick for some time now, wasn't doing very well. So we packed up the car, and quickly headed for Missouri. She passed away last Sunday, and though it was a sad trip, it's always good to be with family. We enjoyed getting to see everyone, especially Dresden, our neice who's 4 and LOVES her baby cousins! So now we're back home for a little while, and are getting back into our daily routine.

It's good to be home!!!

No comments: