Friday, February 02, 2007

Let It Snow!

This morning we woke up to a beautiful 2 inches of snow! So, I bundled the boys up in their snowsuits (that they've had since birth, and never had a chance to wear) and let them experience the fluffy white stuff for the first time. Drew was a little cautious at first, but once I took one of his hands out of the mittens so he could feel the cold, he gained his adventurous spirit and decided he liked it.Here is Ben on the front porch. He acted like he didn't know what he was supposed to do. But with a little help from mommy he ventured off into the front yard.Here they both are slowly gaining their confidence about such a new experience. Once they realized that they liked the snow, they both took off and had fun feeling it and playing in it.....until this happened: once Ben lost his balance and fell down, the adventure was over and we quickly headed back into the warm house to eat a big warm bowl of oatmeal.
Our OTHER child (we refer to her as our teenager) loves the snow. She doesn't even notice the cold. So, she ran and ran and ran in it. After several hours of kicking up the powder, she finally decided to come in too. When I went to wipe off her paws, she actually had ice hanging off the back of her fur!

It has been a good memory-warm-fuzzy-feeling-snuggly-kind of morning at our house. The only way it could have possibly been any better is if Michael had been here with us. I miss you hunny, and we're so ready to see you soon!!!

4 comments:

maggie and michael said...

Oh, poor Ben. Looks like they were able to enjoy it for a little while at least. I hope they're both feeling better and I hope you're getting some rest!

Kara said...

how fun! it snowed for about 30 minutes here in Abilene, but then it just turned to slush. oh well, maybe next time!

Unknown said...

Wasn't it great to finally get some snow? Of course, I'm over it now and ready for warm temperatures! (I know I'll be wishing for the cold when I'm all fat and pregnant in the hot summer!) Your boys are so cute, and try not to stress about the weight thing. All you can do is your best - God's taking care of your boys.

Unknown said...

Wasn't it great to finally get some snow? Of course, I'm over it now and ready for warm temperatures! (I know I'll be wishing for the cold when I'm all fat and pregnant in the hot summer!) Your boys are so cute, and try not to stress about the weight thing. All you can do is your best - God's taking care of your boys.