Monday, May 14, 2007

"What's new?" you ask....

Lots! That's what's new!!! The boys are changing -- not so much growing that i can tell -- but certainly changing by the leaps and bounds. They are talking and repeating (or at least trying to repeat) everything we say these days, and it's really cute. Last weekend we were working in the yard on the flower beds (they were working with their shovels in our black mulch) and Ben spotted a butterfly, which he immediately had to chase. Running around, covered in potting soil and mulch he was calling as loud as he could "buh-fa-whyeeee? buh-fa-whyeeee?" So sweet. And another favorite word around our house is "Nooooo". As in, "Boys, let's go inside and take a bath." Boys: "Nooooo!!! sou-siiide, Mah-meeeee" while running the opposite direction as fast as they can and shaking their heads in protest. I have to say, this is my favorite stage so far with them.....most of the time. I could do without the temper tantrums, which we have already begun in full force. I'm hoping they have just entered the Terrible Two's early. There are some tantrums (complete with biting and pushing, might I add) when I don't see how they can get any more terrible. My mom warns me that it can and will get worse. I'm praying daily that she's wrong. But she never is.

We have started swim lessons to get ready for our beach trip, and I'm sorry to say that they HATE it. Neither Michael nor myself can quite figure out why they are so scared of the pool since they love the bathtub so much. We had thought that it might be because I am taking them one at a time to swim lessons, and they aren't used to doing anything without brother, who is a big part of their security. So this past weekend we took them to the pool, with high hopes of helping to acclimate them to the water. All we got were TWO crying babies. So, who knows? Any suggestions on what to do to help them? Any other mommies out there have babies who were a little cautious in the pool? I sure hope we can figure something out before we head to the beach. Otherwise, Florida isn't going to be very much fun.

We had a great mother's day weekend together, and as usual my sweet husband made sure that I felt special and spoiled me rotten. I even got to take a nap! Okay, so I know good and well that the reason anyone ever even checks this site is for the pictures. But somehow at my sister's graduation (with her Master's degree!!!) our camera went home with Mimi and Pop. So, I've been camera-less for a while. But here are a few that I've had on the computer. Enjoy!!!



6 comments:

The Wessons said...

Happy Mother's Day Heather. I am glad you had a good one. I have blog now too check it out and you see pictures of Parker thewessons.blogspot.com

Christy said...

The boys are probably scared b/c they caan't touch the bottom. Not that this advice helps you much, but it may just be a slow time adjustment thing:) sorry I'm not much more help. Christian has never been the biggest fan of the pool either unless he is close to us. We are in lessons ourselves trying to change that for this summer...who knows what will happen. The trip should be fine. The boys will see other kids and maybe think it's not so bad:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I am laughing, a lot of moms our age have told me they got to take a nap--me included! It was great! I love that the boys are saying such cute things..that is a fun stage.

Unknown said...

I wish I could hear their little voices! They are SO cute.

Anonymous said...

They are growing to me- they look bigger and taller! Hope you're doing well---

Beth Herndon

Blessed said...

When are you taking them to the beach?

I can't wait to see pics of that!! We just got back, so check my blog later for pics.

The boys ARE getting so big and growing Heather. I can't believe it every time I check on them.

I can't wait to come see them next time I'm in town. I'll let you know before I come and hopefully we can meet up!