Friday, July 06, 2007

Better Late Than Never

We are home from a fun getaway to visit our good friends, TJ and Holly in the Dominican Republic.....uhm...I mean Paradise. Actually, I should clarify: we HAVE been home for a couple of weeks now, and I have been (once again) the Web's Worst Blogger. But I digress. This is the beach that they took us to for some fun in the sun and lunch on the sand on our first day there. It took an extra day for our luggage to get to us, but we were just so excited to see our friends and be in one of the most beautiful places on earth, that we really didn't care too much.

We met the boys that they are working with, helped them in their outreach center, ate all the fresh fruit that you could ever want, and had a GREAT time just hanging with our friends. This is the four of us before we began our hike up 27 (yes, you read that correctly: 27) waterfalls and jumped or slid down them. Seriously, it was one of the most fun things I've ever done!

And here is an action shot of Michael. I'm sure glad they didn't tell us how high up those waterfalls were before we went there. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have agreed to go. I'm also pretty sure I impressed both my husband and myself at climbing up some of those rocks and jumping off. It was definitely one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
This is the mountain that we drove up to get to the church where TJ and Holly worship and work with. The people there have no idea how we feel about the natural beauty that surrounds them. It was such a blessing to worship with believers who are our brothers and sisters, but who speak to the same God in a different language and are in a completely different part of the world.
We ended our trip with a short stay at the most romantic and beautiful places I've ever been. All in all, it was the perfect getaway vacation. But I will say we were both really ready to come home to our buddies....even if it did mean leaving Paradise! We're already looking forward to going back.

6 comments:

Kim said...

What beautiful pictures. Post more, post more! =)
You know IF I ever get married =) I'd like to get married in the Dominican Republic, just from everyone's beautiful pictures.

The Wessons said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!!! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Kara said...

the DR is such a beautiful place...i went for Spring Break a few years ago with a group (including Blake Farmer). i am sure it was a much deserved vacation, and that TJ & Holly loved having visitors!

we are hoping to make a trip to Nashville with the boys fairly soon to visit blake & mo. maybe we could meet up!

Blessed said...

SO FUN! I want to see a pic of you jumping too! I am so glad yall had fun. Yes, more pics, please.

I tried to call you the other day. I really want to catch up soon....

love ya

Lerra said...

Aw, man - you & Sara both posted about tropical places! I need a vacation! :-)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

how much fun!!