Thursday, June 21, 2007

Minus 1 Family Member, Plus 5 New Ones...

.....Makes for a very large family! Several weeks ago Aunt BeBe bought the buddies a fish tank, and gave them the guppies that used to be in her 1st grade classroom. Well, all 5 of them died (or "went night-night" if you ask Ben and Drew) after only a few days at our house. Being the wonderful Daddy that he is, Michael quickly remedied the situation by bringing home two new "ish-eees".
We named them Fin and Goldie, and I'm sad to say that this past weekend while we were in Montgomery visiting MiMi and Pop, we lost one. But, we now have 5 new additions to our house....or front porch, I should say:
This is what I found this morning while we were watering our flowers. I had noticed the mama bird building her nest a couple of weeks ago, and soon we'll have some new babies to look at.

We had a great time visiting MiMi and Pop. Nana and Papa (my grandparents) were even able to come over from Georgia for a couple of days too. Pop and Michael played golf on Friday, but before they left, they took some time to show the boys how it's done. Mimi got them each their own set of little clubs, and those were definitely a hit!
Then, we took the boys to see their first baseball game. I'm pretty sure they didn't understand what was going on, but they definitely knew there was a "beee ball" (big ball) to watch for. They really had a good time, and when the choo choo train passed by the stadium, they were in toddler heaven.

So now we're home again, and settling back in for a couple of weeks before our next adventure. When we got back our sweet little neighbor brought over some sidewalk chalk for the boys, and it is now the first thing they want to play with after breakfast. They were so excited to play with their "cuh-wurs" (colors) that I just let them go out in their pajamas after breakfast. Ben is holding his chalk and saying "sheeese" at the camera.

Hope you all are having a fun summer too!!! I'm off to begin on my to-do list now that I have a moment. Enjoy the new pictures and thanks for checking in on us!

4 comments:

Lincoln said...

So glad you are home! Hope we can all get together and play soon! Looks like you had a great time! Love Trish and Linc

jenni said...

The boys are getting soooo tall--I can't believe it! It was fun seeing you at bunko last week!

Kim said...

Oh, I loved all the updates and pictures. I especially love that you phonetically spell out what they're saying- I can hear their little baby voices trying to say all these new words. =)

Laura said...

Girl, I need some DR pix on here. Michael said you guys took maybe 200 shots. Bring 'em on!