Friday, September 14, 2007

I realized not too long ago that I had not really taken very many pictures of Drew and Ben brushing their teeth. This is one of their favorite things to do in the mornings ...by themselves, that is. So, it usually starts out as a happy event (and let me tell you, it can be an event lasting up to 10 or 15 minutes with the two of them), but can often end up getting pretty ugly since both of my boys like to do everything by their "see-elves". But here are a few action shots, pre-meltdown over who gets to hold the toothbrush.

We haven't been up to too much lately. Just working our way through our weekly routine is busy-ness enough. I think they are both beginning to cut their two-year molars, based only on the amount of drool, waking up at night and gnawing going on. I think it's worse this time than when they were babies. But we're doing what we can to help them through it.

In other news, we went to Ben's check-up at Vandy for his thyroid condition. I tell ya, there's no place like Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to make you thankful for what you've got. The Pediatric Endocrinology is on the same floor as the Pediatric Cancer Center and a number of other serious illnesses. So, we are always in the waiting room with babies and children who have Down's Syndrome, physical and mental handicaps, and cancer patients. It is always such a reality check for Michael and I when we are there to look at what some parent's go through. I honestly can't imagine. But I always find myself in some serious prayer on those days. As the boys get older and older, I love the idea of exposing them to children who have different problems than they have, and teaching them how to be loving and compassionate. Anyways, we went through the whole checkup, and I really thought that Ben was beginning to outgrow his dosage of medicine. But, the bloodwork all came back perfect. So, after his next visit in 4 months, the Drs. think that we can do a trial of coming off the medicine completely. We've always had hope that he would outgrow this, and it wouldn't be a lifelong thing to treat. But either way, we're so thankful to our great doctors who have taken such great care of all four of us!

That's all for now! Here are a few silly shots I've taken here and there lately. Hope you all have a happy weekend...we sure plan to!!!



6 comments:

Sallie said...

your boys are so precious! I just love how much fun they have together!! too precious! love you friend!

Mary Alice said...

I just want to eat them up! Adorable, Heather...and thank you for the reality check. We recently had to go to Children's for a chest x-ray and I know exactly what you mean. I always appreciate a reminder of just how blessed I am.

Have a great weekend!!

Christy said...

I love those smiling faces!!

Lerra said...

Love the pics - they are getting so big!

Kristi said...

Your boys are just precious! I love catching up on your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Heather - they are so cute!! I haven't been to your blog in forever - they have gotten so big. Hope we can all get together soon.

Shelby