Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Football Time in Tennessee

Hello, one and all! We've been a little out of the loop lately since Michael is now back from China. We have just been having such great time lovin' on him and laughing and playing, and the boys have been more attached to their daddy than ever. So, we just couldn't take time away from that to sit at a computer and blog. While he was away, the boys and I made the trip down to Montgomery to visit Mimi and Pop, and had a great time. We came back a little spoiled, as we always do. My parent's both have very flexible jobs, so one or both of them was always around to help me wtih our very busy boys.

They seem to be talking nonstop these days. A few favorite phrases around our house are "my turn", "I ho-bit" (I hold it), "I ha-bit" (I have it), "I do it I see-elf" (I do it myself), and plenty more. I'm constantly amazed at the things they'll say back to me while we're talking that I didn't consciously teach them. They've mostly got the colors and counting down, so we've been working on letters lately. But honestly, that bores them, so I usually do it while they are buckled down in their carseats as a captive audience.

Summer is gone (mostly) and I must say that I am never sad to see it go. Fall has always been my very favorite season, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Along with those always comes football season, which was kicked off at our house bright and early this past Saturday morning. We did our normal Saturday morning tradition of donuts and then before I could even blink twice Michael already had them in their gameday shirts and singing Rocky Top at the top of all three lungs. Good times!

Here are a few pictures of the boys in all their sports' teams glory to tide you over till I have more time to post. Love to you all!

6 comments:

Mary Alice said...

this is too cute!!! i know you guys must have fun all the time (ok, so MOST all the time!) now, I just need to get Jack all geared up in his alabama uniform and they can have a scrimmage!

and i am SO with you on fall. my pumpkins and fall decorations are already out...i am trying to deceive myself into thinking that it is really only 60 degrees outside. unfortunately, when i actually have to go outside, it's not...

give those boys a kiss for me!

Christy said...

Orange really is the best football color!!

Blessed said...

Cute pictures!!! I love their football outfits!! I've got to show Seth this post, he will love it!

Lerra said...

So cute! Not sure about those Vols get-ups, though. :-)

Journey said...

I love it! Heather- they are getting so big! I can't believe it! And they are getting more and more handsome every day, too! Hope you're doing well and finding some 'you' time in the middle of all those men! Love ya!

Beth Herndon

Lerra said...

Hey, my blog is now private so I need to send you an invite for you to be able to read it. Send me your e-mail address at Lerra73@charter.net and I'll add you to the list!