Monday, November 19, 2007

A 24-Hour Getaway

One thing that I love about my husband is that as much as he loves being a daddy and spending time with his boys, he also loves spending one-on-one time with me. Somehow he has always understood that when our relationship is great, it is then that we are the best parents we can be to Ben and Drew.

So, after Michael got off work Friday, he and I headed over to Knoxville to spend the night and go the the UT v. Vandy game with my cousin David and his wife Lindsey. We had a great time just hanging out, playing with their "children" (two dogs, Walker and Molly), and catching up. We had a blast, and here are a few pictures of our mini-vacation:

With Smokey...or as Drew says "Mo-pey"
And after the game. It was a little too close for comfort for both David and Michael, but we all managed to have a great time.
Many thanks to Aunt BeBe and Mimi who took care of the buddies for us while we were away. We sure do love and appreciate yall!

We hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoying time with the ones you love and thanking God for all He's done. We have so much to be thankful for! More pictures when we get back.

6 comments:

Blessed said...

Cute pics, Heather. You look beautiful, as always. Glad you and Michael were able to get away! :)

jenni said...

i love those little quick get aways--they really energize us!! glad to see you are doing well...have a great thanksgiving!!

Sallie said...

Heather, you just look beautiful!!! I can't get over fabulous you look! way to go hot mama! Glad you got a fun get away with your hubby!! Miss you, friend!

Unknown said...

Hey, we were at that game too. Can't believe we didn't run into you! Ha ha ha. Of course, we were pulling for Vandy, so we were happy most of the game, until the classic Vandy ending...sigh...

Heather said...

Does Smokey always wear a pimp hat???

Kristi said...

Heather, my grandparents are from Quitman, GA. My parents also lived in Waycross before I was born! Who would have know? When I saw "little town in south Georgia called Waycross..." just made me smile!