Thursday, December 06, 2007

We Really ARE Thankful....

....I just forgot to post about our Thanksgiving fun at MawMaw and PawPaw's house. And honestly, I didn't really take that many pictures either. I know, I'm falling down on the job altogether. But I'm back in the swing of things [sort of] and I figure I'd better get caught up in my posts since this is such a busy time of year. I'm sure there'll be plenty to take pictures of in the coming weeks.

Basically we've been going non-stop around here. Last night Michael and I got back from a quick little trip to New York, where he had some work to do, and I tagged along with him to keep him company. We had fun, and I had never seen the city during the holidays, but we are so glad to be home with our buddies.

Coincidentally, our good friends Jeff and Laurie were in the city at the same time. So we had dinner with them one night, and then went for brunch and ice skating in Rockefeller Plaza the next morning. Lots of fun to be with the one you love AND some good friends there during Christmas.

Here are a few pictures.

There are plenty more pictures, but I figured I'd leave it at these since - after all - this blog is supposed to be about Drew and Ben. ;)

We are sooo in the Christmas Spirit around here. The boys are excited about getting some "pwe-sents" from Santa, but we're trying really hard to reinforce that giving the presents to others and remembering the birth of Jesus is really what it's all about....But let's just face it: they're two and really only understand that there are pwesents under the tree. Oh well...here's hoping for next year.

Thanks for checking in on us. Hope everything is merry and bright for you too!

5 comments:

Katie said...

how much fun to go to nyc this time of year. if you need to do any christmas shopping and need a break from the boys feel free to drop them off to play with parkes for a few hours. i remember trying to get all the shopping done with just one before parkes started school, i can't imagine trying to do it with two.

josh and darci said...

If you're not careful, we're all going to get jealous of you jet-setting off to mini vacations with your hubby :) We'll be living vicariously through you. Just kidding... You work TWICE as hard when you're home so you deserve every second of a break that you get! So glad that you guys had fun and I know you're glad to be back to the little guys!

Christy said...

Looks like fun and I second what Darc said...You do work twice as hard

Blessed said...

I am jealous of your trip!!! :) I love NY! I'd love to go at Christmas. Please, please tell us more. More pics please. Where did you eat? Where did you shop? Heather, details...

Love those boys! Loved seeing yall last week.

Blessed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.