Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Snow Day

Saturday morning marked the first time that the boys have ever gotten to really play in the snow with their Daddy. Usually - in the rare instance that we get snow - Michael is already on his way to work or out of town. So, when we went downstairs on Saturday morning and saw the 2 or 3 inches of powdery white stuff on the ground, the boys couldn't wait to get out there and play in it. And this surprised both Michael and I because neither of them like to be cold. And so far when they've played in the snow, they've only been intrigued by it for a few minutes before realizing that they are, in fact, very cold, and then they're over it.

But this time - much to Michael's pure delight - they loved it. I'm not sure if it was the the fact that they were allowed to throw snow balls at each other and at me, the fact that it was so pretty and different than what they're used to seeing, or the fact that they were reveling in playtime with Daddy. But after about 45 minutes of being out there (don't worry, Mama: they were bundled up under many layers of warmth) we had to literally drag them in for hot chocolate.


Here are a few of my favorites from the morning:


Michael showing them how to make the perfect snow ball. Immediately following that lesson was the lesson on how to flirt with girl you like and throw snowballs at them (i.e. Me. I got pelted. Lucky for them I'm a good sport! ;) )Drew trying to throw the snowball at me.
Ben's turn to throw one at me.
My favorite men in the whole world. Drew making "thno an-dels" (snow angels)Ben throwing snow onto Drew as he works on his snow angels. I wish you all could have heard the laughter coming from our front yard.

It was such a fun weekend, and I imagine we'll be playing outside much more in the coming weeks...but with warmer weather, I hope.

5 comments:

Sallie said...

so fun! great pictures! those boys are so big!!!

The Wessons said...

It looks like you guys were out before the sun! Looks like you guys had fun.

Blessed said...

Cute pics!!! Those boys look like they had so much fun!!

Tiffany said...

Your boys are so sweet! Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Kelly Litton said...

What fun!!! Your house looks so beautiful in the background. Where do you guys live now?