Thursday, April 10, 2008

Second Verse, Same as the First....A Little Bit Louder, A Little Bit Worse

As it turned out, the tucking-in-bed-then-leaving-the-room routine was actually working....for a whopping two nights, that is. Monday night and Tuesday night I put them to bed and they stayed in their own beds all night long and slept the whole night through!! It was great to have a full night sleep again.

But last night we got home from church kind of late, and they were really wound up. So, I did the same routine we had been doing and walked downstairs to check some emails. When I came back upstairs and it was quiet, I assumed that they went on to bed as they had been. I was wrong. Here is what I found in the corner of the room behind the rocking chair: So I guess we still have a little ways to go before we are there. But we're taking baby steps in the right direction, I think.

This week's weather has been nice and a few days I've just turned everything off and had the windows open because it's felt so nice outside. I guess the boys thought so too because this is how I found them when I came downstairs the other afternoon. They've never even thought about climbing up onto this high window sill before, so I'm not sure what sparked the interest. They just thought it was so fun to feel the wind (after they took their own pants off) and then jump down to wrestle with each other. I grabbed the camera and we had a great time just enjoying two of the simplest things in life: the spring air and each other. The best things in life really are free.
Thanks for checkin on us! Happy Spring!!

9 comments:

Kara said...

i know i have said this before, but it is so fun to watch the sweet bond between your two boys. it really helps me to look forward to the days of seeing my boys become best friends. love it!

josh and darci said...

Just so you know... there is nothing wrong with letting your children sleep on the floor :) I love the picture of them climbing on the window sill. A certain redhead was trying to climb OUT our window and onto the deck. I'm sure that you're surprised :) I guess that great "I'm-two-and-a-crazy, crazy-boy" minds thing alike

josh and darci said...

think alike

Sallie said...

gracious! they are so stinkin' cute!!! I love the picture of them in the floor with their blue shirts! So cute! miss you guys!

The Wessons said...

I am so glad you finally got some sleep. But they are cute sleeping together on the floor. They are such great friends and that is great!

Lerra said...

You always have your camera handy! Those are cute pics.

Laura said...

Be strong, friend! I'm going to need you in a couple of weeks when we try the same thing. Bless!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

that is laugh out loud hilarious. LOVE IT!

Kim said...

Ha ha ha!!! Love the pictures of them behind the chair. And they're there together. Awwww....