Friday, April 04, 2008

April Showers Bring May Flowers, We Hope

Thanks for all the encouraging words and suggestions about the big boys beds. We are taking baby steps towards making it through the whole night. Every day gets a little bit better. At least that's what I'm telling myself to make it through the sleepy fog I seem stuck in. ;)

Other than that, we've just been laying low and hanging out. Not too much to report around here, and that is very nice. The constant rain of this week has kept us mostly home-bound and that has led to some pretty funny discussions. For instance, the other day we were coloring at the table and I say to Ben "Ben, can you spell your name?" I've been working on this for forever, it seems like, and usually he'll say "no, I can't do it." But this time he says back to me "B-R-E-Ubble-Yoo...pause...X-Y-Z! Yay!" So I guess we need to keep working on that one, since I'd hate it if he went to school spelling his name Brew.

And then in the car on the way to church last Wednesday night I was just sort of talking to myself and said aloud "Oh, man, I left my Bible at home." And Drew immediately says "Oh no Mommy!!! You need Jesus!" I had to laugh out loud at how it sounded. But its so true, buddy. So true.

I don't have too many pictures to share. But here are a few I took last week after the rain when our backyard was full of mud puddles. I bundled them up, gave them each a plastic fork to dig with, and we had a little bit of some messy fun. Thanks for checking in on us.