Thursday, July 17, 2008

Big Boys and Bikes

As you can see from the fact that our children are still in their jammies, from the time they wake up till the time we drag them inside kicking and screaming after dinner, we can usually be found playing outside on our big boy bikes. It makes no difference to Drew and Ben if it's 6:10 in the morning (which it was when this picture was taken, and we had already been up long enough to hit the donut store and come back home for our second cup of coffee), if its nine thousand degrees hot, or if its pouring down rain. None of that matters to them. What matters to them right now is being outside and playing together.

Here are just a few of my recent favs:

Smiling for Mommy on the "Bap-mobile"...pretty sure they don't get it.
Obviously, sticking your tongue out helps with concentration.

Ben consistently puts his sunglasses on upside down. Maybe he knows something about what all the cool kids are doing that we don't.We've had this little one-seater for forever, so I'm always surprised that this one is always the chosen favorite. This is what Ben, Drew and Brax decided I meant when I said to "share". But, at least they are all happy. This is how they drove around for at least 10 minutes, laughing all the way.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl!!! your boys are just gettin' so big! I love their interpretation of "sharing"... too cute!! Eli is looking at the pictures with me and when he saw the boys in sunglasses said "Mommy he's wearin' a sunglasses...cool beans!!!" ha! miss you!

Kara said...

my boys would be content being outside from sun up until sun down too. it's kinda crazy seeing twins who remind me of my boys wearing the same jammies that we have!

Kim said...

6:10 in the morning?! Oh bless your heart.

Blessed said...

I'm with KIM, 6:10 in the morning!? OH MY!! What time do you get up?

Those pictures are just precious. I'm calling you this week! We need to catch up!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

haha! glad we're not the only ones that play outside in our jammies....

April Kay said...

Heather, I always love reading your blog! It makes me the happiest reading about sweet little boys. :) Girl, I cannot believe I have not talked to you about this yet, but I am completely in awe of the beautiful painting you created for my son!! I cried when Marc walked in the door with it (Cory gave it to him when they were together that day you gave it to Andrea). It is just PERFECT and looks sooooo good in the nursery! It has a special little spot! Thank you so much. I will treasure it always! You are so incredibly talented! Love you!