Saturday, March 14, 2009

March Madness, Indeed!

Last week Ben and Drew had their first Spring Program at school. They did GREAT! We had such a good time watching them perform all of the songs they have worked so hard on. They are learning so much, and I find myself very thankful that they are at such a great school with teachers that not only great educators, but also love the Lord with their whole lives. I had no idea that they had learned the books of the New Testament, and many of the other songs that they sang - I can only get tidbits here and there about what they do at school - but we sure were proud. We've been staying pretty busy around here lately. But that's okay by us...we like to stay on the go. We have been taking swimming lessons at the Y again, in prep for the beach and pool this summer. We were lucky enough to snag the Director of Aquatics at our Y, and she is great with them. They are loving it this time, and making good progress. I'll be sure to keep you posted as to when they can really swim all by themselves. But in the meantime, it is one of the highlights of our week.

Now that the weather has been a little bit nicer, we've been spending as much of our weekend time together as possible at the park near our house playing soccer and flying kites. Both have become favorite ways of ours to run off some of the never-ending energy these boys seem to have.

So this week the boys have been on Spring Break and at home with me. While I do love having a little extra time to myself while they are at school, I have loved having them with me this week. I already feel like my time to play, teach them and love on them is too quickly running out, and I feel so aware of how short and precious my days are with my sweet boys. They truly are such a blessing to me, and I thank God for the honor of being their mommy every day.

Thanks for being patient about my lack of posts lately (to all of you who have been asking and asking)...my little business has been going well, and I've had so many orders lately that it is hard to do much else during naptime and after they go to bed at nights. Lots to balance and juggle while still keeping my priorities in place and often blogging doesn't make the cut. But with the economy the way it is, I am so thankful for the way God continues to bless me with business. All that to say, we are still here, and are glad you checked in on us. Love to you all!!!

2 comments:

Lincoln said...

Yeah for the new post! I have missed those boys so much...Lincoln has too! We need to get together soon and play at the park! Miss you! Love Trish and Linc

Blessed said...

Yeah! Cuties! I am SO glad we got to hang out, even though it was way too short.

I miss you!