Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring Is Here!

So what do you do when it's been too cold and rainy to do much of anything, once the sun finally starts shining? You put your mud boots on and dig in the dirt! Thank goodness for plastic spoons! They doubled as shovels AND paintbrushes for painting the fence a beautiful shade of brown.So the other day I was folding some laundry and letting the boys play in the playroom by themselves when I hear the beginnings of an argument, that I wanted to let them work out on their own. So, I began to listen, and this is what I heard: Ben says in a very heated voice, "no, Drew! You can't take that from me." Drew, very calmly responds in his most parent-like voice, "No-no, Ben. You DO have to give it to me right now. Jesus says you have to share with me, and you love Him." I'm pretty sure we need to revisit the concept of what Jesus wants us to do.

At the moment, they are loving playing frisbee with us in the yard and cul-de-sac, and are surprisingly good at throwing it. Drew's favorite song these days is "whistle man". He sings it (usually loudly since he loves an audience) all throughout the day. It goes like this: "Whistle man, he pwayed one, he pwayed nit nat on my fumb..." Not only is that the only verse he knows (so he sings that same line over and over), but it's just so cute that I can't bring myself to tell him that the words are actually "This old man". He'll get it one day soon enough, and then I'll be sad that he doesn't sing whistle man anymore. So for now, I'm not correcting him. Ben, has become fascinated lately with making up songs and singing things while strumming along on his guitar that Aunt Chelle and Uncle Dan gave them for Christmas. I keep trying to get some video to post of it, because it's so cute. But he immediately stops once he knows anyone is paying attention. So, I'll keep trying.

That's about all that's happening around here. You can see from the date that I've been trying to get this post on here for a while now, and haven't been able to till now. So, now I'll start working on getting pictures on here from all the Easter activities. Maybe that'll happen before the next major holiday! ;) ...but probably not! Thanks for checking on us.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

Love the update! It was so fun to see you a few weeks ago. We need to do that again...soon! Love you!

Those boys are adorable!