Thursday, May 07, 2009

I love these little guys!

The other day I began thinking "I haven't done a very good job of taking pictures lately." So, I ran downstairs to grab the camera and just capture whatever was going on that morning. Here is a perfect example of how these two precious boys keep coming more and more into their own personalities--and can I just say that I love all the things about each of them that make them unique:
Drew sees the camera, and immediately hams it up (fireman costume had been in place for quite a while before the camera came out...it's a new costume or character almost every day).Ben, on the other hand, sees the camera and immediately dodges for the safety of under-the-covers. "No, Mommy! Don't pull my covers off!!! I'm trying to hide from you!!!""Surely if I just block your photo-op then you'll leave me alone and put that silly camera away...""Oh, Mommy you're just too silly when you want me to smile for the camera...""Oh for goodness sake, I might as well just give in and give you the picture you want. I knew I came by my stubbornness honestly.".......

...to which I might reply, "totally worth all that work. These pictures are too precious to miss out on."

So, in other news, Michael's friend from Taiwan, Pony was here visiting again. You may remember that last year he joined us for his very first American baseball game at the Sounds stadium. It was quite the adventure since it ended with Drew busting his head wide open. Needless to say, he was a scarred (and scared) from the incident as Drew's head is. We've been able to have dinner with him several times since then, and the boys both just adore him. I'm fairly certain it's because he's a big of a kid as they are. But since the Sounds were playing at home, we decided to take him back and see if we couldn't have more of a low-key evening. We all had a great time! This was the first time we'd been to the stadium since they've made all the improvements, and it was really nice. They now have a great kids' area that Ben and Drew had a blast at before the game with inflatables, batting cages, and other fun stuff. Here's how we spent our first 45 minutes inside the park:

What goes up....
...must come down.......and down.......and down.......and down.........and down until Mommy and Daddy say "the game is starting".
All the guys heading off to get "ALL the junk food," as Ben always says.We were lucky enough that Ozzie came by to see two of the cutest fans ever.Drew and PonyOur family picture taken on a very successful, very accident-free, very fun Nashville evening. We also recently took them to see their first movie at the movie theatre on one Friday that Michael took off work to play hooky. We went to see the Disney documentary Earth, since they are both such animal lovers. It was a really good first movie experience. Truthfully, my expectations of how they would do were really low (so there was no place to go but up). But they completely surprised me and did as well as any active 3-year olds can be expected to do. Since it was a Friday morning and pouring down rain, we were the only four people in the whole theatre, which was so nice! We were able to talk to them about what they were seeing the whole time, without feeling like the obnoxious people who can't be quiet. They are actually still talking about some of the story lines from the movie, and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure we'll be rushing right out to do it again really soon. But for our first time out, it was really fun. Definitely a special treat.
So that's about all that's been going on with us lately. But stay tuned because school is almost out, and I'm sure we'll be just as busy as always. Summer here we come!

1 comment:

Blessed said...

I love your new pictures! The boys are just too cute for words!!

I love the ones of them jumping!