Sunday, May 31, 2009

A first, a last, a first, and another first

Its a good thing we rested up while on vacation. Because since we got back we've been busy with several 'firsts' and one very important 'last.'


Last week we were loading up the car for the boys' last day of school, and Drew got to catch his first dragon fly. It was so pretty and much bigger than I remembered them being. Since I'm trying not to pass along my -- shall we say "dislike" -- of bugs, I got all excited (not that they needed any more excitement than their own, mind you) and grabbed the camera off the front seat of the car. They were really fascinated by him, and tried to find the perfect place to release him. Poor guys, they just don't realize that almost all living creatures are terrified of them because they get so excited.

So once we finally got everybody loaded up and were off to school to celebrate our last day of our first year at preschool After we had a fun time of showing all the mommies all our cool dance moves (demonstrated by Brody, who doesn't know he's not in their class) we headed outside for a popsicle party... A few end-of-the-year shots with Miss Jeannie and Miss Betsey...
I cannot express enough how blessed we have been by the women at OC. They are such gifted educators and women of prayer. I have seen my boys grow in their learning and just as much in their [very young] faith, and I can't say enough about how much I love this place.
During our first weekend of summer, we got to meet my cousin's first baby. David and Lindsay had baby Thayer five weeks ago, and it was so special for us to meet him. David and I have always had more of a brother/sister relationship and I love how both of our growing families love each other so much. (Can you see Ben hiding behind me and the green paper he was holding up?)
Daddy (the good photographer) coaxed him out and managed to even get a smile. So, I felt the need to document our first official day of summer when I came upstairs to find the boys playing trains. We kicked off our busy summer with a lazy morning of playing and not going anywhere...but I still managed to get some good shots of them:


After a day of playing hard with Mommy, here's how you wind down:
More to come soon.....

2 comments:

michelleandwalker said...

I love the grins!

P said...

Sounds like you guys have been VERY busy! Love the pictures, as always