Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Can You Believe It??!!??!!

Lo, and behold!!!....an actual update to the blog site that has sat virtually untouched in what feels like eons. I know that there are many of you who had your doubts as to whether or not I would ever post again. But, at long last, here it is. As I sit here and type, my precious angels are fast asleep, and I must type quickly since I never know how long a nap will last.

Needless to say that much has changed in our world since I last posted. For those of you who had been praying for Michael's mom, thank you! She is doing great, and seems to be getting better every day. As a matter of fact, they just came for a visit, and got to meet many of our good friends at church.

Ben and Drew are getting bigger and smarter every day, and they have changed so much in such a small amount of time. It's hard to believe that they are almost a year old! So, in a nutshell, here is a little bit about what's been going on since I last blogged:

Michael and I got to go on a "second honeymoon" to the Cayman Islands WITHOUT our buddies! It was a great vacation and much needed, even though it was pretty hard to leave them. We've been to visit Mawmaw and Pawpaw, Aunt Chelle, Uncle Dan and Dressie in Missouri for the fourth of July. Drew didn't care for fireworks at all, or the noises that came with them. We've been down to see Mimi and Pop in Alabama and Nana and Papa got to come over from Georgia to see us while we were there. We had my family's Family Reunion here in Nashville, and it was a great weekend full of laughs and good food. Lots of extended family, and of course, the boys were the center of attention, which they loved! So, we've been pretty busy. Here at home, the boys are discovering something new every day.
This is Drew giving Reagan kisses through the door. Yes, they can both pull themselves up on anything and everything (including each other, which usually leads to grunts and whines of irritation). Drew now has four teeth, and is working hard on two more that should bust through any day now.
And this is Drew giving me a really great concert first thing in the morning on his favorite drum set. They actually both prefer a wooden spoon and a pot to just about any other toy. Ten billion toys to play with, and thats what they want. Go figure. This is Ben helping me with the dishes, as he does every day. Just as quickly as I put something in the dishwasher, he is right there to pull it out, and promptly put it in his mouth.

And this is another common sight at our house these days. Apparently, the only thing better than splashing in the water on the door is chewing the rack that the dishes are supposed to go in! Bless. Ben is a little behind his brother on the teeth, and only has three as of right now. They are honestly into everything, and if you only knew how fast they can get around and up the stairs and into whatever they aren't supposed to, then you'd know why it's taken me so long to post.

We have been having so much fun lately with all of our friends, and hopefully I'll get back to putting pictures on here a little more regularly.

Hope you are all doing great, and are winding down from a great summer!

Love to you all,
the Long Lost Blogger

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nuh-huh. I just check this thing holding on to a false hope that I will ever see another update. And what do you know?! Today is my lucky day! I love the one of Ben in the dishwasher. --Katharine

Amy said...

Ok, since it has been forever since I have talked to you, I will keep this short. I can't believe how big your boys have gotten!! When I saw your mom last, I think that Jaxon was 3 months and they were as big as he was!! They are just too cute Heather!! Jaxon will be right behind them before too long. He has the sitting up thing accomplished now and working on his first tooth! We seriously need to catch up! E-mail me!! I miss you!! moosemommy@gmail.com

Amy (Trevathan) Pace

Heather said...

As I was clicking on your link the thought popped in my head, "I don't know why I even check this thing; there's never anything there." Thanks for proving me wrong. And welcome back!!!

Unknown said...

Besos y abrazos de Guatemla!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back! I've been wondering what your fellas look like now a days. I'm impressed you found time to post - I barely have time and I only have one active little boy!
Sara

TheGlissonFamily said...

It's good to have you back and catch up on what your little guys are into now. Hopefully we can get together soon since our last planned outing fell through. Give me a call sometime.
Rebekah