Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm in a New York State of Mind....

Last week Michael had to travel to New York to do a little business, and invited me to come along with him for a little break by ourselves. I know that this blog is supposed to be all about Ben and Drew - and I promise I'll get to that - but I just have to take a second to brag about my wonderful husband. He treated me like a princess, and it was just so wonderful to be able to spend time laughing and enjoying each other. We each have a baby in our arms and diaper bags to contend with most of the time. So to even be able to walk down the street holding hands is a treat.
Even the timing of the trip was pretty special. We were there on September 12th; five years and one day after the attacks on the twin towers. So we visited Ground Zero to pay our respects. It was very moving.

This is St. Paul's Church, across the street from where the twin towers were located. It was a refuge for all the first responders and volunteers, and is also the city's oldest public building still in use.
We shopped, had great food, and I went to the Today show to see Meredith Viera's first day while Michael had meetings. I even made it on TV for like 3.2 seconds, which is a pretty big deal to me since that show has helped me make it through many crazy mornings around here. Anyways, enough already. I love you, hunny, and I had a great time!


And I just had to include these two pictures of my sweet little boys having a ball at the park. I don't know how I was lucky enough to capture both of these cute pictures, but Drew is having a great time on the swings. Just look at those teeth! And Ben (if you can't see it) is shoving hand fulls of dirt and mulch into his mouth and having a wonderful time. I make him yummy food every day that he flatly refused to eat because he'd rather play. But dirt, he'll gladly eat. Ugh! Boys will be boys, I guess.

Have a happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Lincoln said...

You are so lucky! Could your hubby call mine and give him some pointers about taking me out?! Just kidding! I am so glad you got out and about for a bit minus the wonderful boys! Love the pics! They are so sweet and Lincoln and I are lucky to have you and the boys! Love Trish and Linc