Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Jelly Incident and Santa Claus


A temporary lapse in good judgement, and I thought that letting the boys try a little blackberry jelly on their waffles for breakfast was a good idea. You know, in the spirit of being a good mommy and letting my precious babies experience all the good things in life. Well, needless to say, they loved it. Loved touching it, eating it, putting it in their hair...just plain loved every bit of it. So I guess I got what I was after...I just didn't realize at the time the mess that would come with it. Oh well, they are only little once and it was worth it to watch them enjoy something so much.
This is the boys' newest favorite place to play: on the stairs. Now that they can easily get up and down by themselves without any trouble or help, they love to hang out there, eat snacks there, touch the christmas tree through the spindles, or just talk while I clean up the kitchen or make dinner. It's really kind of cute.


Here are a few pictures from our Breakfast With Santa that our church puts on every year, and just for fun, here's our picture from last year's too. It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed, and this is the boys' second Christmas. Whew! At any rate, the boys had a great time sitting in his lap and touching is beard. They weren't scared at all, which was a little surprising to me. The food was wonderful, the decorations were just precious, and we had such a great time worshipping with the other 400+ people that were there. Thanks to Miss Janet, Miss Melanie and all the other people who worked so hard to put on such a great event!!!

That just about covers our superbusy weekend. Hope you had a great weekend too. Blessings to you this week!


2 comments:

Blessed said...

Heather

I just saw them last week, right? I think they already look bigger! They are growing up too fast. I am sure they are really growing too fast for you! I love the pics from last year too when they were precious little babies.

Love them. Love you!

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

Your kiddos are so precious! :)
It was nice seeing you at the OC class party on Sunday! :)