Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Let's Go Predators!!!!!

Sorry to not post in so long, but we have been pretty busy around here getting ready for Christmas and finishing up just a few last-minute presents. One present (of sorts) that we got from our good friend Jeff was tickets to a Predators Hockey game last week. Being that he and the other four friends we went with LOVE our babies, we thought it would be a fun way to experience their first live sporting event. Well, it was fun for most of us. But poor little Ben was just terrified of all the loud noises and lights. Every time we scored (which was a lot that night) Ben just shuddered into my shoulder and cried. So, Michael and I did our best to help him see that it really wasn't scary, and that it was supposed to be fun. The only thing he really liked was the flying sabre tooth tiger that dropped prizes in the crowd. Other than that, he was not impressed.

Drew, on the other hand, spent the whole game laughing, clapping, jumping and squealing at the top of his little lungs. He loved it. And that was a suprise to both of us since at home he tends to be the more cautious and reserved of the two. Anyways, it was fun to watch him experience it.

Here is a picture of us girls, and below that is Drew being mesmerized by what was going on on the ice. Oh, and one more of the boys helping me "cook" dinner one afternoon while we wait for Daddy to come home. This is how we spend most of our afternoons...banging on pots and pans, and singing to the songs we make up until Daddy walks through the door and the boys drop everything to run to him. It's really becoming my favorite part of the day.

I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures to post after Santa Claus comes to visit us. But until then, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season with the ones you love. Merry Christmas!!!


2 comments:

Blessed said...

Heather,

I love the update! The pictures are too cute! I can't wait to see pics of the boys at Christmas! I know it's going to be so fun for you and them! I only have 9 more weeks. I think I need to go back to your old posts to see what you were going through at this time! :)

Love you!

Heather said...

Just an FYI -- for the last two days Em has been saying, "Nenadrew" (Ben and Drew), Byebye Jen," and "Hollaaah" (that's you, girl!)... I think she's ready for another trip to the mall! :o)