Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Today we headed into downtown Nashville for some water fun. Back in 1994 Tennessee had celebrated it's bicentennial birthday, and to commemorate the occasion the state built the Bicentennial Mall. It's this beautiful park that has Tennessee's history carved into granite monuments, a Farmer's Market, fountains that shoot up from the ground, and -- as if that weren't enough -- there is a railroad track that runs above the fountains. Once the boys warmed up to the idea of the fountains, they really liked playing in the water. But the highlight for them was the choo choo train that they got to see and hear while they were playing. They both yelled "hiiiii choooo chooooo" at the top of their little lungs as it passed by them, and were sad when it was "ahhhh done". After that we headed over to the Farmer's Market for some lunch and shopping for produce. Unfortunately for me, the boys were ready for their naps so we had to cut our visit a little short. But we still managed to have a good time. Here are Ben, Drew and Brax climbing the stairs and heading to the Capitol Building.
This is Drew sitting on the granite map of the state, beside our sweet little city of Spring Hill.
Ben, Jay, Avery and Brax play in one of the fountains. I think that sweet little girl had the best time out of all those wild little boys.
I'm not sure if you can see the expressions on their faces good enough to tell what a great time they were having, but they were all smiles until I made them go inside to eat lunch.


Thanks, Laura E. for getting this all together!!! We had so much fun, and we'll have to do it again soon!

7 comments:

Blessed said...

Oh, you know I love the Bicentennial Mall.

I have pictures of you, me, andrea, seth, well, you know, all of us there long ago. Seth and I weren't even dating then. And, I have a very nice picture of Johnathan from there too! It's amazing how much fun we had there without kids!

I would sure love to take Colt someday. I'm dying to get up there and see the boys. I can't believe how much they are changing. They look like big boys now!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures turned out great! Thanks for coming and playing with Jay.

Christy said...

sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. Call us next time--we'd love to go:)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

that looks SO great. i haven't ever thought about doing that!

Kim said...

Oh, it was so great to see you. What a pleasant surprise. =)
And that Capitol Hill sure looks familiar. Did you have your boys roll down it?... =) Those pictures are great, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I ran into your mom this weekend and she gave me your blog address. Your boys are precious!! She also said you are coming in town this weekend. I'll be around on Friday (we are going to the lake for the weekend), call me and I'd love to see your boys in person.

Blessed said...

Oh, Kim! I forgot all about that memory. Hmm...maybe I blocked those 3 weeks out?? No, actually that was the fun part! Thanks for giving me a good laugh today!