Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Playing Pretend a Little Too Well...

A funny conversation from lunch today:

The boys and I were sitting at the table eating our lunch, when I noticed that Ben has devoured his veggie corn dog, but has not touched his sweet potato fries - something he loves and usually gobbles up.

So I say, "Ben, do you want to eat your french fries?"

And he says, "No. He's sad" holding up the littlest fry on his plate.

So, I reply, "Oh no. Why's he sad?"

Ben: "Want Daddy."

Me: "The french fry is sad because he wants his Daddy?"

Ben: "Yes" as he scoots the little fry to sit next to the longest french fry on his plate. "Dis Daddy. Dis Brother." (this is Daddy, this is brother) as he scoots another little fry over to the two.

So I say "What about Mommy? Where's she?"

Ben: "No see her." (I don't see her)

Drew - ready to be a part of the conversation too - looks right at Ben and says very matter of factly, "Mommy a Car-get." (Mommy's at Target).

Possibly I should go one week without visiting our home away from home.

17 comments:

Journey said...

okay, that made my day! Hilarious! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Haaaahaaaaa. :-) --Katharine

Kim said...

You need to submit that to Target somehow. =)

Blessed said...

I love it!!!! We go to Target quite often, too. I'm often worried that it might be one of his first words.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

too funny! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

That's hilarious! Ethan would love to get together & play with Ben & Drew sometime. And I would love to hang out with you!

April Kay said...

Heather, that's the funniest thang I've ever heard!! :) We'll be posting soon the sex of our baby, so keep a' checkin'!! We found out TODAY and are the most excited! :)

Christy said...

Love it!!! Christian has known Target for a loooooooong time. He started calling it the circle store...b/c of the big circle out front of course:)

You're not the only one that frequents it a lot. Jeff says we need to buy stock in Target!

The Wessons said...

That is hilarious!

josh and darci said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Sallie said...

love it!!! what would we mommies do without our car-get!!!!????

Lincoln said...

Don't feel too bad...Lincoln thinks the stock boys at Target are "Da-Da". Guess I spend a bit too much time there too! Love you!

Unknown said...

TOO FUNNY! And I read your last post too and am pleased to know you still do Christmas morning in your pj's with bed head. Me too! I'm not giving up that tradition any time soon if I can help it!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

thats HILARIOUS. We did the same thing recently with chips. (the less healthy option, of course) but they were mommy, daddy and baby chips! -this is ashley mills btw, just stopping by!

Lerra said...

Hahaha, that is too funny!!!

Lerra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OK, SO MAGGIE SAYS IF I LEAVE YOU A COMMENT, THEN YOU WILL AD ME AS A LINK TO YOUR BLOG! LOVED CHATTING TODAY. NOTICE YOU ARE ON THE TOP OF MY FRIEND LINK LIST!! LOVE YOU! HOPE THIS WORKS...YOUR BOYS SHOULD BE STAND-UP COMEDIANS WITH FRENCH FRIES...THINK COLLEGE FUND....