Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year....and My Apologies

Every day for the past week and a half I have been fully aware that I need to put pictures on here of the boys at Christmas, and update on how great the holiday season was. Honestly, I have. I even go as far as to write it down on my to-do list every day. But I always have a hard time motivating myself to write a new post when we don't have very good pictures, and that has definitely been the case this time.

On Christmas morning Michael and I set our alarm so that we could get downstairs [of my parent's house] before the boys woke up. So there we were, armed with our video camera and regular camera all charged up and ready to go at 5:30 in the morning to capture the boys' first Santa Claus on Christmas morning experience. And wouldn't you know, we took one picture with the camera and the battery died. We were not happy. So, that led us to give ourselves an unexpected Christmas present: a really good camera. ...which I'm honestly a little intimidated by. I mean, other than being big, it looks like it requires a PhD in nuclear science to work it. But I'm reading the manual and I promise to have some good pictures on here soon.

Anyways, the holidays were really great, even if we don't have very many good pictures to show for it. Drew and Ben both really understood this year what they were supposed to do with the presents. They were so funny about it. True to their personalities, Drew would open a present and then be quite happy to sit and play with it for a while. Whereas Ben would rip one open, look at it, then throw it down and find another present to unwrap.

They certainly didn't need anymore toys to play with, but we have found out the hard way that all grandparents go overboard, even when you tell them not to. So, we walked away with even more things to fill the already-full playroom and feeling so touched at both sides of our families' generosity.

Now we are all settled in, and it's so hard to believe that we are in 2008. It feels so weird to say. If they boys were awake and listening to me say that right now, they'd say, "that's just SILLY!" ...they say that in just about any situation, and always crack us and each other up when they say it. They are so much fun right now and we are so very aware of how much God has done for us. Thanks for checking in on us. ....and I'll try to do better with this particular New Years' resolution. :)

No comments: