Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nursery Rhymes Blankinship Style

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed,
One fell off and.....busted his lower lip wide open.

Here's what happened when I tried to lay the boys down for a nap and they weren't quite ready to go to sleep: they entertained each other by throwing every single item out of their beds back and forth into the other's bed until it end up on the floor, laughing uncontrollably, and - you guessed it - jumping on the beds. It was all fun and games until sweet little Drew's chin hit the front bar of his crib, causing his teeth to meet his bottom lip. Here it is all cleaned up, after I got him calmed down.
Honestly the picture doesn't do it justice. It looked much worse when there was blood everywhere. But, after some cuddling with mommy, and special treat and an "ice bubble" (I have NO idea where I came up with that, but that's the first thing that came to mind in trying to make an ice pack sound fun and exciting to an upset 2 year old) it was all smiles. Here is our little ham showing me how to do the "ice bubble" all by himself.
And here's what you get if you throw in some silly songs and crazy dance moves:
Our little man was a tough trooper, and brother Ben was right by his side the whole time trying to make him feel better by saying "okay, Dew-ey? I gotchyou." Which almost brought tears to my eyes it was so sweet. I guess he got that from hearing us say that to them when they are upset. It's amazing the things they pick up. So, I figured I had to include at least one picture of my other sweet boy.
Boys will be boys, I guess. But this is why we are dreading making the move to big boys beds. Oh well. Here's to hoping that this week we'll be a little less accident prone. But if they take after their mommy at all, then they'd better not hold their breath.

8 comments:

Sallie said...

Oh Heather! This is my post for this entry and the one before it! your boys are so precious! I love how much they love eachother and protect eachother! Couldn't get any sweeter! You're gonna love that you documented those sweet little things about them at this stage! We should all do this each year! love you, friend!

Lerra said...

Oh my goodness...they are becoming "real" boys! :-)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Are you going to sign up your boys for OC Preschool tomorrow? Just wondering if anyone I know will be there at the crack of dawn!!

Tiffany said...

heather, love your new template. your boys just keep getting cuter.

Kim said...

I LOVE your new template! How can I get one???

the Wilbecks said...

You do realize that your template is the color of our nursery? Needless to say - it's my favorite! Thanks for encouraging me to start ours. love ya - jen

Kelly Litton said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I loved catching up on your big boys! They are growing so fast...and are as sweet and as cute as can be! It sounds like your life is as full and as fun as possible! We love and miss you guys, and hope to see you soon!

Kelly

Blessed said...

Love yall. :) Cute boys!