Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jump Up, Jump Up and Get Down!

Forgive the title, but I had to pay homage to my thug-ish days back in the '90s ;)..... Anyways, the mommies and I met up to play today at Pump It Up and let the kids run around and jump out all of their energy. Everyone had a blast! Drew - true to form - ran in immediately to discover everything there was to do. Ben - true to his form too - stuck close to me until he warmed up to all of the bouncing surfaces. Once he figured it all out, it was worse than pulling teeth to get him to put his shoes back on and go. We all had a great time, and surprisingly, my friends and I were actually able to visit for a little while too. Here are a few pictures of all the fun:

Drew sliding down all by himself

Ben warming up to everything..."hmmm...it sure does look like they're having fun, but I'm still not so sure"

Sweet Avery is ALWAYS smiling.Jay deciding to give the stairs up the slide a tryBrax crawling through the obstacle course


To coax Ben into seeing how much fun the slide could be, I carried him up and ended up with Avery, Ben and Drew in my lap to slide down. That thing sends you down much quicker than you'd think. We were flying! And then, we ended up with a pile of munchkins all crashing in to each other. Luckily, they all thought it was hysterical, and we were all laughing. Thanks Darc, for the action shots!

Last week Michael and I went to Big Sky, Montana with some friends for our yearly ski vacation. We had a great time reconnecting with God in the beauty of His nature, and with each other. Many many thanks to MawMaw and PawPaw for making the trek down from Missouri to take care of the buddies for us!! Here are a few pictures of the scenery that we woke up to every morning:

the view from our balcony of the mountain we skied every day

the trail outside our backdoor that we skied to get down to the lifts. you can even see the edge of our hottub we sat in to ease our sore muscles every afternoon.

michael and i with our friends jeff and laurie

well that about sums up the last little bit for us! Thanks for checkin in!

3 comments:

Sallie said...

how fun!!! I'm so jealous that we weren't there with you! I love the pictures of you with all the kids...how someone can fly down a slide with three toddlers in her lap and still look that great and put together at the bottom...is BEYOND me! you're so adorable! love you, friend!

The Wessons said...

Looks like you guys had a good time today.

Blessed said...

Love the new pics!

The Montana pics make me jealous. I've only been there once (and it was summer) but it is by far my favorite state that I've visited! I love it! You look adorable in your snow gear!