Friday, April 21, 2006

Time Flies

6 months ago today we were downtown in Baptist Hospital giving birth to the two biggest blessings Michael and I have ever been given. After a night of absolutely no sleep because we were way too excited, we rolled out of bed at 4:30 a.m. and by 7:18 the doctors placed James Benjamin in my arms. At exactly 7:19 they brought Andrew Emmett to us, and I have never felt emotion like I did as they took this picture. Even as I sit here, type these words, and rememeber that day, I well up with tears. How could Michael and I have known then what we would be in for over the course of the next 6 months? How could we have known as we held our precious little boys that all of the sleepless nights, all of the poopy diapers, all of the spit-upped-on outfits, all of the days without showers would be more than worth it, and that we'd choose to do it all over again just the same? Well, we sure had no idea what we were in for then. But I have to tell you that as I reflect on the last 6 months, I am left without any other response but to praise God our Father for making my life so full of love and joy. I anticipate all of the things to come in the next half of our first year together, and at the same time, I'm a little sad to not have my itty bitty babies anymore.
Today is a special day in our house, and I thank you, blog family, for sharing in this wonderful journey with us. The thought that you take time out of your day to check in on us means so much, and we are so thankful to have you in our lives. May the Lord be praised for the beautiful gifts He's given and the wonderful ways He shows Himself to us.
Happy "half" birthday, Ben and Drew! You have made your mommy and daddy so happy.

7 comments:

auburnchica said...

Your babies are so beautiful. I know God will bless your next half a year together, along with the rest of your lives with these adorable boys. Love you!

Heather said...

I read that line "...and that we'd choose to do it all over again..." without the "just the same" part registering and I lost my breath! :o)

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest mommy. Of the sweetest boys. You made me cry--and you KNOW that's the sign of a truly good blog. :-)--Katharine

josh and darci said...

Happy "Half Birthday" Ben and Drew! Here's to the next six months.... six years... and beyond-raising our sweet boys together! What a blessing! You made me cry too, but you know that isn't that difficult!

Lincoln said...

Wow! To think that very soon my buddy will be that big too! Thanks for sharing your boys with Lincoln and I! We are so lucky to have friends like you to walk with, not only in the park, but also in our journey in rasing the perfect little fella's! See you soon!

the millers said...

Oh Heather! I can't believe it's been 6 months...and I can't believe they are so big. You are such a good mommy and I truly feel blessed to be able to raise our sweet boys together! Happy half-birthday, little bits!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Kids plastic coats Best virus protection forum cover car windows in pennsylvania Hugo max watches Freeware software generator free hacked credit card numbers Pattern hiking gaiters 8800 accessory cellular nokia phone hot tubs Sale smith and wesson model 500 free spam filters