Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yesterday Mommy and Daddy took Ben and me to see all of our friends at Dr. Leeper's office to see how much weight I've gained, and to get my shots. It wasn't very much fun, and I let the whole office know how much I didn't like getting three shots. Luckily, Mommy and Daddy and Ben were right there with me to hold me and make me feel better quickly, and after that I was a very big boy and did a really great job. Mommy was so proud of me for gaining so much weight, and now I am 13 lbs and 1.5 ounces. That .5 is a really big deal to me since that's how much bigger I am than my brother!!! I can't believe it!! I finally caught up with him.
I think it must have something to do with the fact that I am getting GREAT at eating my cereal out of a spoon. Dr. Leeper was so impressed with how well we're doing that he said Mommy can start giving us fruits and vegetables. But she'd better be careful because I think it's really funny to say "bbbbbbbbbbbllllttttttt" when she puts something in my mouth. These are some pictures of me doing a great job of sitting up like a big boy.
Don't forget about me, though! I did a great job yesterday too, after I calmed down from getting pricked!! Drew may have caught up with me on the weight, but my Mommy tells me that it's because I'm burning so many calories when I'm trying to crawl. It won't be long now before I can do it, and I get better and better at scooting every day. Daddy says that I have all of the tools I need to be able to do it. I just have to put it all together now. Don't worry, Dad, I'm working on it. And when I get it, you're gonna have your hands full! Drew is helping me learn to sit up better, and I'm helping him learn to push up on his hands. We love rolling around on top of each other, and playing with our toys. As you can see, we're sharing our Mizzou basketball on the floor. And the other picture is from Saturday when Mommy and Daddy took Drew and me to the park by our house. We all had a great time.

And here is one last picture of us playing with one of our favorite girlfriends, Avery. Our mommies like to play together, and we do too. I think she looks like she's enjoying sitting between two very handsome men!

Thanks for checking in with us! We'll tell Mommy to post more pictures later.

4 comments:

Malia said...

Hey Heather! I found your link on Phil's blog. Love all the pics of the twins!! My friend Tanya has twins, too (and one older child as well!) she blogs at abcmom123.blogspot.com. You might want to check it out sometime to get a glimpse into your future :-)

Anonymous said...

I am in LOVE with those two handsome fellas. Not only are they gaining weight and learning to crawl, but they are also evidently spending a lot of time journaling and practicing their all important toddler essays. What good writers they are! :-)
Love, Katharine

josh and darci said...

You need to crop Drew out of that last picture and enlarge it.... HE has the best smile and looks SO CUTE!!!

Laura said...

Your boys melt my heart. We're so lucky that all our kids can grow up together!