Monday, April 03, 2006

What We've Been Up To...

Last week the boys and I went to visit all of my girlfriends (and 3 guy-friends) at Dr. Hunter's office to get my teeth cleaned....no cavities, thanks to sweet Carroll!!! We had a great time, and man do I miss seeing them every day. Here are just a few pictures of Ben and Drew with just a few of my favorite friends (the other two-thirds of the staff were working, so they couldn't be in the picture).Ben fell asleep on Beth's shoulder, as you can see....she has that magic touch with just about every baby she holds.And Drew hung out in Moriah's arms just about the whole time. But I told him that she's too old for him just yet, and she's married. Coincidentally, Moriah is who saved the day when I went into pre-term labor, and took my place there at the office. She's such a good addition to such a special group.I miss you girls! Especially Shelley, MerrriAnn, and Trish - my upfront gang. We love yall and we'll try to do better at coming by to see you now that the weather is so pretty.

Our sweet friends Jon and Laura Essner finally welcomed Baby Jay into their lives last Wednesday. He completes the births of all of our friends from life group, and now that all the babies are here, Ben and Drew will have a big group of buddies to play with. Jay was a whopping 8 lbs, 12 oz, though you'd never have known it by looking at Laura...she looked GREAT the whole way through. Congratulations, Essners!!!

Michael's mom and dad came to see us this weekend (we wish you could have come too, Chelle and Dressie!) and we had a great time getting to hang out with them. The boys really enjoyed getting to be with their MawMaw and PawPaw, and we did too. Nice to have extra hands to hold babies. Michael smoked some ribs and we had a great time just enjoying the nice warm weather outside. Unfortunately, Shari left their camera at home, and I did an awful job of remembering to take pictures...I only got a few. Here is one of them.And lastly, this is the fruits of my best efforts to get a picture of Ben's first tooth.Apparently, he's very protective of it, and doesn't think that Mommy needs a picture. It's a little blurry, but see if you can find the tiny little white nub on his lower gum. I know, I know...I'm a mess. Bless his little heart, he's such a good sport. Thanks for checking in with us this week!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I see it! I see it! :o)