Thursday, November 30, 2006

November? What November?

...is what I have been asking myself lately. It came and went in about two blinks, and I'm sure that most of you out there are feeling the same way. We traveled to my grandparents farm in south Georgia for Thanksgiving, and I must say that Ben and Drew are troopers. They did great in the car until we were about an hour from home, and then they let us know that they had had quite enough of being in the carseats. Nonetheless, we all had a great time playing and being together. The boys loved running everywhere they went all over that beautiful land, playing in the leaves, picking oranges and persimmons off the trees and chasing my cousins dogs. Lots of fun!Michael and I are getting our first taste of real parenting now that they have been so spoiled by grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. When we got back home on Monday morning and they heard the words "No, No" for the first time in days, they looked a little bit confused. It was definately worth it to be able to watch my children with my grandparents, who I love so much. We are home and settled in, and are all ready for Christmas! Lights are strung and the tree is up, and I seem to be spending much of my days putting BACK the ornaments that mysteriously end up in the toy box. The boys love the tree, and love touching the lights. But more than anything else, they love the presents and bows underneath the tree. I thought they weren't supposed to really "get it" this year, but they sure seem to know what to do. They are getting so big, and are trying to repeat more and more words every day, but still depend on their signs to tell me the basics like "juice" or "eat" or "paci" or "more". They are running everywhere they go, and are constantly into everything they see. It's such a fun stage of life. But I think that what I like best right now is how affectionate they are to each other and to Michael and I. They love to hug and give kisses and pat. Very sweet. Anyways, that's what the boys are up to these days. Hope all is well in your world!

4 comments:

Lincoln said...

HI! We miss you! Hope we can see you soon! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love Trish and Linc

Christy said...

You guys are too cute. They will continue to change so fast--you'll blink and they'll be in Pre-School. Have a great weekend

C said...

Heather,

I love your update. The boys are so cute. It was so great to see you Friday night, but too short, as always!!! I miss you! I am glad we got to hang out and that I got to see the boys for just a minute!

Love yall.

carrie

Unknown said...

Love love love the ben & drew shirts. I want one with my name on it! No joke.