Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My New Adventure

After Darci's last post about finishing Brody's nursery, I had several of you sweet friends email me, wanting to see more of the painted canvases that I've done, and basically just encouraging me. And let me tell you, that was not only surprising, but also a huge blessing to me since I've been a little shy (I know, not typical of me at all) about telling anyone about this. And that's really silly since it's pretty hard to have a "little business" if no one knows anything about it.


But after the support I got from some good friends (you know who you are!) I figured that maybe now might be a good time to post a few pictures of some of the canvases I've done so far in the hopes that someone else will want me to help put the finishing touches on their little pumpkins' room. I'm not sure if you can see it, but on the sides of the canvases, each one has a different shape around it. The "one" has the deep red circles, "two" has cream triangels, "three" has light blue squares and "four" has dark brown stars.

This is the one that started it all. It hangs in Ben and Drew's nursery, and I started toying with the idea of making these to sell when my amazing husband gushed about how good it was and encouraged me to give it a shot.


This is just a sample I made to hang in one of the consignment stores here in Spring Hill.

This one is another sample, and these are Ben's feet. If you order this one either for yourself, or for a gift, it will come with extra paint for you to have footprints of the special little one.
And another sample, inspired by my good friend Carrie's nursery for her little boy Colt. The flash did funny things to the color of the background, but it's really a brick red, with dark brown lettering.

I've done a few others for some friends that I don't have pictures of, but these are some general ideas.

I'm working on some dump trucks, airplanes and cars for the boys' playroom right now. All this to say, I'd love to do something for you too! Just email me the color scheme of the room, the theme you have, and any other ideas you have about what you want. I'll be more than happy to add a personalized and special touch to the place that your little one calls home. You can get me at piddlespaints@aol.com. Happy Hobbying, everyone!

14 comments:

josh and darci said...

I'm so proud of you for finally giving yourself some credit. You do wonderful work and I hope that your little business takes off~!

Laura said...

I check your blog EVERY DAY. How is it that your Monday and Tuesday posts just showed up this afternoon. They weren't there this morning! Bizarre! I am wowed by your talent -- but not at all surprised. I'll be tapping on your shoulder for some nursery decor when we decide what we're doing with it. Yay Heather!

The Blankinships said...

laura t, i it posts things on the day that i BEGAN working on the posts. but i didn't actually FINISH and POST until today. weird, i know, but i thought you might want an answer. oh, and thanks for the sweet words! are you SURE you don't want to find out what you're having?

Lerra said...

Oh, your work is so good!! I had no idea you were into artwork. Good luck with the new business!

Blessed said...

Amazing!!! I knew you were starting a business way back when you ordered cards from Lisha, but I never thought to ask you more about it.

I knew you were talented when you made me my Just Married Sign that hung on the car. It was so beautiful. We still have it. Maybe for Colt to use someday.

I am glad Colt's nursery inspired you. I just love that saying and think your sign is too cute.

Darci's nursery looks GREAT! The canvases are TOO CUTE! Where did you get the idea for that? Really creative, Heather.

Well, I'll quit rambling, but I agree with everyone else. You are SUPER talented.

I might have you do something for Colt's playroom when I get a little moola saved up.

Love you!!

Sallie said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! I love your work!!! welcome to the fun land of home-mommy-business! It's such a fun way to channel your creativity! and you're so talented! WAY TO GO!!!!I do have some advice...START A WEBSITE and you will start selling like CRAZY! love you!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed! Why didn't you mention this when we were visiting?? I somehow missed the canvas in Drew and Ben's room - I'm sure I would have asked you about it if I'd seen it. Anyway, I had no idea that you were a painter! Great stuff and I'm sure I'll be a customer in the future! :)

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

You should put some out on Ebay! :)
Very cute!

The Wessons said...

I didn't know you were so talented. I love the canvas you did for Brody's nursery.

maggie and michael said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of your work. You are so talented and I can't wait until I need you to make me something!

Laurie said...

I had no idea you were so talented Heather! Way to show off the gifts God has given to you! Your work is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I have always known you were very talented. It was apparent when you were very little. I love Sallie's website idea. Way to go! Love you, mama

Journey said...

Heather-
Thanks for your kind words on my blog- they encouraged me tons, too. I had no idea you were so talented- they look like something printed, they're so good, not hand work. I don't even have a nursery or a baby but want one for my own room! Go for it girl! You are very talented.

Beth

Kim said...

WOW!!!!!!! REALLY, I love it. You're very talented; I'm glad you're sharing that gift with others- AND something you enjoy.