Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trunk Or Treat

If two posts last week impressed you, then hold onto your hats, blog readers: two more posts in the same night!!! What can I say, it was a busy weekend, and we had lots of pictures to share. So, keep scrolling down, there's another post after this one.

Tonight was our annual Trunk or Treat at church. It is always so much fun, and so good to see so many friends. This year the boys were Chinese Emperors. When they were born we were given these authentic costumes by one of Michael's business friends, who lives in China. We loved them because they were such a beautiful gift, but never thought the sizes would work out for them to ever wear the costumes at Halloween. So, they've sat in the top of the boys' closet for two years. But one night not long ago, we remembered them, tried them on, and were pumped that they fit. So, not only did the boys get to wear some really cool original costumes. But they also had some pretty cool meaning behind them too.

Just to show you what a difference a year makes, here is last year's picture of the boys at Trunk or Treat. They were barely walking then, and had never had candy before. This year, they knew exactly what to do! Drew was so funny walking from car to car holding out his bucket for more.One of the best parts about this fun day is seeing every one's costumes. Here are our friends the Normans. And here are our babysitters from our beach trip Miss Wynn and Miss MelissaThe four of us:Drew hamming it up for meBen thinking very seriously about which piece of candy to eat next...and let me tell you, he ate more than his fair share. Most of that --I'm sorry to say-- was my fault because I kept bribing him with candy to keep his hat on and look at the camera for pictures. I know, I'm terrible. But last year I hardly got any pictures at all, and I'm pretty sure that one day of a sugar rush won't kill them.Here are the boys with most of their best buddies. Shown are Paisley and Brax in front with Xander, Jay, Drew and Ben in back. We sure did miss the rest of our gang: Avery, Eli, Parker and Fenley.And just for old times' sake, I included this picture from last year of most of the same buddies: Eli, Brax, Jay and the twins. (On a side note, we REALLY miss the Millers...especially this time of year, when Sallie always throws the BEST Halloween parties! We're thinking of yall!) I'll tell you the truth: afternoons like this are lots of fun. But looking back at the day and remembering that our boys are forming bonds with so many great friends is really what makes things like this special. We really love our friends, and we are so blessed to be raising our boys with so many people who love them, both near and far.

Happy Halloween, all!!!

8 comments:

Mary Alice said...

How did I miss seeing your boys tonight?? My sister-in-law, Marsha, was going on all night about how adorable they were in their Chinese costumes. My niece, Aidyn, was adopted from China and Marsha was just loving Ben & Drew!

They look adorable, the costumes are truly beautiful and how wonderful that you had such a sweet gift to use for Halloween!

Unknown said...

Love those costumes! How original!

Christy said...

Your boys were oh so cute (as always) and it looks like you had a blast on Saturday too:)

Blessed said...

I love all the pictures and the TWO posts in a row. Keep em coming, Heather!

Your boys look precious in those costumes. Love the story behind them. I love the pics with all their friends, from this year and last. SO SO cute!

maggie and michael said...

I am extremely impressed! And I love ALL the pictures. Their costumes are adorable!

Sallie said...

thanks, friend! you totally made me cry...which i guess doesn't take a whole lot these days. i'm realy missin' you guys! We were there in spirit! love you so much!!

Lerra said...

I love seeing kids' costumes - these are great pics! And I'm so glad Ben & Drew have a circle of friends to grow up with!

Journey said...

oh my gosh, I love the little emperors! Those are the best costumes ever! I don't think much could top that. Thanks for your comments on my blog- they are always so encouraging. I hope you enjoy the book! Keep posting, I love reading updates---

Beth