Thursday, February 07, 2008

We have the flu. All four of us. We've had it since Sunday, and it's taken it's toll on us. I got it first, thankfully, so I am on the mend first. And that's good because as it turns out, my precious family needs me to be well. As I type, all three of my boys are letting their bodies rest...and rest is surely what they need.

As un-fun and difficult as the past few days have been, I hear a voice gently reminding me to be thankful for these days when we all pile on the couch together in jammies and lean on each other a little more than we did yesterday.

Thank you, Lord for the good times and the not-so-good. (And thank you especially for mamas who drop everything they had planned for the day to leave the house at 5:30 a.m, drive 4 hours, and be your servant to us!)

We are so thankful today, even if we do have the flu.

7 comments:

the Wilbecks said...

Heather - I can't bring you guys any food, but have been praying that you all mend quickly since Laura told me Monday ya'll we're all sick. Can't wait till all are well & we can get together. Hang in there. love, jen

Lerra said...

Bless your hearts! I've been sick too, and I've thought about you mommies who get sick & have to take care of the kiddies while you're under the weather. Hope y'all get better soon!!

Tiffany said...

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Kim said...

Oh. my. stars. Bless your hearts! I can't imagine how tough, yet fun (if you're not throwing up!) that would be- snuggling together.

Sallie said...

Oh, Heather! I'm so sorry you guys have been feeling so yucky! i wish I was there to bring you guys some supper! Take care of yourself and get lots of good rest!love you!
Sallie

Blessed said...

I hate that for you. When I called you on Sunday to tell you we couldn't come by because Seth may have the flu (and he did) you told me to watch out because the flu was going around. And, then you got it, well, your whole house!!!! Oh, Heather. I can't imagine. It's been bad enough just having one of us sick here.

I love you and we are all hoping your whole house is better soon.

Oh, and I CAN'T wait to see my canvases. Love you.

The Normans! said...

Heather, your perspective and words are so encouraging. It is difficult to be thankful in the hard times. I appreciate your heart and faith so much! I hope and pray that everyone will be feeling much better soon. Much love!