Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Today it is snowing here, and we are snuggled in like three bugs in a rug. Not too much is going on this week, and honestly I haven't taken too many new pictures to share either. So we're just taking it easy right now: alot of coloring, alot of playing chase, alot of reading, ALOT of puzzles, alot of pla-doh...you get the idea.

One thing that we HAVEN'T been doing is giving them their pacifiers. I forgot to mention it here, but two weeks ago we finally took them away. I know, some of you out there are probably horrified that they were this old and still had them, but hey-you just have to choose your battles. Anyways, the first day was pretty bad, but we survived and they did too. With all that weeping and wailing that went down, it's a wonder that I stood strong, and didn't give them back to make them stop the crying. But I did, and now it's just no big deal. ....And that in and of itself is quite a BIG deal since most of you know how much they loved those things.

Since I've been slacking with the picture taking this week, here are a few bathtime shots I took a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sallie said...

love that picture of ben...i could just eat him up!!

Elizabeth S said...

I totally understand the paci thing! My little boy will be three in June and he has only been without his for a few months. We just went cold turkey, too, and the first day was hard, but after that it got easier and easier. The pics are too cute!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! We talked about losing the paci last night in class as it relates to speech development. Melissa Kirby says you should be done with it by age 2. Avery still has hers at naptime and bedtime. There's NO WAY I could take it away in the next month or two. Avery will think the baby took it away and resent it for life! I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns! Good luck!

The Normans! said...

What precious pictures of Ben and Drew! Their smiles are contagious!

Kim said...

SO cute!!! =)