Thursday, March 09, 2006

As Promised


This is Drew the first time we gave him rice cereal. We tried our very best to make it fun, and be excited about it all. But none of that mattered. As soon as we put it in his mouth he looked at me, looked at Michael, looked confused, then spit it all out. The look on his face said "Mommy why did you do that to me?!" Needless to say, he hated it.


And this is a picture of Ben thinking, the exact same thing his brother thought of the rice cereal. The only difference being that he was equally confused as to why we were smiling and taking pictures of the whole thing. At least it was a fun time for the grown-ups! The good news now is that we have a less messy way to go about it now. Heather Miller, a friend of mine from church who has a little more mommy experience than I do, told me to try a medicine syringe to get the food into their tummies. Lo and behold, it worked! So until they reach the point where they can get their mouths to use the spoon, we have an alternative.


I have to admit that I am the queen of taking pictures for no apparent reason. My only reason for taking these was that they are just getting so big! Look at them sitting up like such big boys on the couch. I was so impressed. I think that we're going to have to start working on smiling for the camera. 9000 pictures of blank stares might be a little overkill, dontcha think?

Thank you for praying for our boys while they were sick!!! Everyone is now much much better. The whole drama culminated in me taking Drew to the ER at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, while Michael stayed home from work with Ben. I know that this may seem like an over-reaction on our part, but at 4:30 on Monday morning, after another sleepless night due to him crying and not keeping anything down, we decided that he had been without fluids, without sleep, and not any better for too long. So, rather than wait till our Dr's office could see us, I took him on. And its a good thing I did. They got him an IV of fluids and he immediately began to look and feel better. Michael had several work emergencies come up, and our good friends Darci and her little boy Brax came over to take care of Ben for us! They were our heroes!!! We thank God every single night for our small group, and the friends that we have in it!!! They have each been there for us so many times, and this was no exception. So, after all that drama, we are worn out, and are trying to take it easy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Too funny! Glad the feeding is going well, although I can't take all the credit. Miss Sandy suggested the initial idea; I just offered the utensil! The boys are gorgeous -- cereal face and all!!!

josh and darci said...

I love those boys!!!!! I'm so glad that you're updating more often...