Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lots of Firsts

It feels like we have been going non-stop these days! We've been having so much fun, and the boys have been experiencing lots of firsts. On Sunday morning, Michael, myself, and Ben and Drew ALL made it to Bible class together, and only 5 minutes late!!! Needless to say, being anywhere by 8:45 a.m. with these two is quite an accomplishment. So, Ben and Drew got to go to Bible class before going into church. While we were trying to juggle babies, our bibles, and all of the toys needed to keep everyone quiet, Ben decided to chew on my finger. Which is when i discovered that he has a tooth!!!!! I can't believe that my baby is already big enough to be getting his first tooth. But there it was. I've tried my best to take pictures of it, but he doesn't seem to think that that is a very good idea. Don't worry, though...I'm persistent when it comes to a good photo-op! It took every ounce of restraint I had not to jump up and down, and tell everyone.
We left church and the boys and I headed to Madison to a baby shower for one of my dearest friends, Maggie, who is having Baby Savannah sometime in May. I would have taken pictures, but in all the hubbub of getting ready for church so early, we forgot the camera. So there are no pictures of Maggie's sweet belly, or Ben and Drew flirting with all the pretty girls. What hams!! They had a great time smiling and playing with everyone, and I think Ben made a few new girlfriends. It was so great to see some of my old college friends, and I love that they all got to see my precious babies. I think everyone enjoyed them because they are just so good-natured.
Everyone passed them around, and though Drew didn't feel great because of the teeth that are trying to come in, he was still a good sport.
Another exciting first is that Ben can now roll over from his back to his tummy. Both Drew and Ben can roll from their tummies to their backs, but now they are working on rolling over the other way too! Drew, who isn't as concerned as Ben is with rolling to his tummy, pulls his knees underneath him, and tries to scoot himself to the toy he wants. I think that when he gets mobile, I'll have my hands really full.
Yesterday Britt and I took the boys on a walk in the park to enjoy the beautiful weather, and it just so happens that we ran into two of my best mommy friends from our small group at church. So we got to go walking with Darci and Brax and Sallie and Eli! We had a great time, and took some really good pictures of all the buddies playing. This was Drew and Ben's first time to play in the grass, and as you can see, they studied it carefully. Eli is still to little to do that, but he's getting so big so quickly, that it won't be long.

This morning, I laid the boys on the couch upstairs while I went to get the bottles for the first feeding, and when I walked back upstairs, this is what I saw! Bottoms up!!! I just couldn't resist grabbing the camera, and getting this one. Moments like this remind me that I am exactly where I am supposed to be: with my sweet baby boys. I am so blessed to be able to do this every day.


3 comments:

josh and darci said...

I am so proud of your "hyperlinking." I love the pictures, especially the last one. Just like you, I'm thankful to God daily that I don't have to miss sweet little moments like these. We loved playing at the park with you guys this week.
Love you!

Unknown said...

I keep thinking any day now I'll feel a tooth in Camden's mouth - he's been drooling buckets for two months now! Cute cute pics of your boys!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Latina teens nude Subaru north america Hardcore double fuck