Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Hate Bugs

Whether they be the six-legged kind or the tummy kind, I hate bugs. And since there has been a tummy bug flying all over church for the last few weeks, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it has now come to visit our house.

Last night at about 3:00 a.m. Drew woke up and was really upset. I put him on the couch with me, in the hopes that that would help all four of us get a little sleep for the rest of the night. No such luck. When he blew out a diaper onto me and the blankets we were on, I took his temperature, only to find that it was over 102. So, Michael and I gave him a bath, some infant Tylenol (thank heavens for that stuff!), and I took him back to the couch. Michael took Ben to bed with him. Since he had none of the symptoms that Drew had, we thought he might make it through without catching it. We were wrong.

So today the three of us spent all day in our pj's, just snuggling, and trying to keep Pedialyte down. It breaks my heart to see my sweet little babies feel so rotten. All they want to do is lay on my chest, and I am more than happy to oblige.....that's something I can't get enough of. Days like today remind me of the things that are really important. The laundry that has been cleaned but not put away for a week, the messy kitchen, and all that other stuff just finds itself low on the priority list when my babies just need their mommy. Please please keep them in your prayers as their little bodies try to shake this thing.

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hate to hear that! Em had it on her birthday -- she's been on a 3-day diet of Pedialyte and dry cereal -- but she seems to be better now. Do you know that you can alternate Tylenol & Motrin every 3 hours? That keeps them dosed a little better. Hope they feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Heather--what a good blogger your are! I love the interesting beginning with a double-meaning. It SPEAKS to me. :-) and so do your adorable boys. They are so handsome. :-) --Katharine