Monday, March 20, 2006

One More Day

Well, as most of you know, Michael has been away on business again. This has been a pretty long trip, so the boys and I headed down to my parent's house so that I could wouldn't have to do all the work that two babies require all by myself. Even though I had never traveled this far with the boys by myself, what a wonderful trip it has been!!! My Nana and Papa drove 6 hours from Georgia to spend some time with us (don't tell them that they are in their late 80's, since they sure don't act like it!). My mom took off work and has spoiled us rotten. Ben and Drew are going to have a hard time getting back to our reality, and so am I! Mimi and Pop have gotten up in the middle of each night with the boys so I could sleep, they do the feedings in the morning so I can sleep late, and to top it all off, they make me a big breakfast every morning!!! What selfless servants! Honestly, it's like I'm on vacation. So when we woke up this morning, and the weather was really bad in both Nashville and Montgomery, they talked us into staying for one more night...not that it took a whole lot of arm twisting. So, we'll be back home tomorrow.

On another note, the boys are just developing so much, so quickly. They are reaching out for toys, grabbing on to them, and putting them directly into thier mouths. Ben can almost roll over from his back to his tummy, and he gets an A+ for the effort since he wants to do it so badly. But he always gets stuck when he gets to his side. I'm sure he'll do it any day now, and it will remind me that they are growing up so fast. I'm pretty sure that Drew is getting ready to pop a tooth through his gums, since he is gnawing on everything in sight, and drooling the equivalent of an Olympic-sized swimming pool. It's so hard to believe that they will be 5 months old tomorrow!!! It has just gone too quickly. Everyone said it would, and I didn't know how right they were.


P.S. on another note entirely, I added a web-counter to our page. I know that we've had this thing for about 6 or 7 months now, but what can I say?...I'm just not that smart when it comes to computers. Thanks for checking in. I'll post pictures when we get all settled in from our travels.

No comments: